No sooner did I get a chance to image a supernova this year that I heard about another one. This time in NGC 4125, a 10th-magnitude elliptical galaxy in Draco. There are a fair amount of supernovae discovered in a single year, but I'm talking about ones bright enough to be imaged, or even visually observed (with a telescope of course).
With the cloudy skies returning, and then the moon getting in the way, it may be a challenge to image SN2016coj this month, but I will try. Details on both of the supernovae can be found at
Sky and Telescope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Jupiter Occultation - Oct 6, 2026
After an extended period of poor weather, the sky was beautifully clear last night and into the early morning. I had planned to record the o...
-
Like in any tech field, advancements in technology, tools, and processes keep pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and astrophotograph...
-
Today, March 23, 2026, marks the official beginning of the construction of NightSky Observatory at the Mangieri residence. OK, earlier this...
No comments:
Post a Comment