In the next few days I will be starting the move of telescopes and equipment into the building. A desk and computer system has already been placed in one of the bays.
The Celestron EdgeHD11 is being cleaned and prepped for new cable runs. The clear coat on the scope has weathered badly and is flaking off, so I decided to remove it completely and apply thermal covering to the OTA tube. That will be accomplished tomorrow.
I have yet to contract an electrician to run the AC and network cables so I will be using a long extension cord for power and either WiFi or another long CAT5 cable run for connectivity as a temporary solution to get things up and running.
I'm still not sure exactly how the cables will be routed so I'll be experimenting with that as well in the next couple of months. My desire is to get basic functionality by end of this month (or sooner).



No comments:
Post a Comment