Thursday, October 10, 2024

Aurora Here In Reisterstown

Although I try to announce when astronomical events will happen reasonably in advance of the event auroras are hard to anticipate and predict. Partially because I've never seen one myself and it is very rare to see them at all this far south (they are a northern sky event, hence the popular name "Northern Lights".

However, I was ready to post about the likelihood of seeing the aurora after 10:00pm tonight when I get a Facebook notification from my astronomy club (WASI) that the event is happening NOW (that was at about 7:00 - 7:30 pm). It is still possible to see it throughout the evening, but the major portion may have already gone by.

Here are a few pics from my iPhone taken from my front yard in Reisterstown, MD.












No comments:

Post a Comment

New Photos of Comet A3

Skies cleared wonderfully this evening, so I set up my camera at my church property and snapped away!  Here are the first images to be proce...