Tuesday, January 31, 2023

Another image of C/2022 E3

On January 27 I set up my ZS61 (wide field telescope) with my ASI2600mm monochrome camera to try to capture the ion tail of C/2022 E3 which I was not able to successfully image earlier. This time I had success.

Comet C/2022 E3 - January 27, 2023
William Optics ZS61;  ASI2600mm
Total integration: 2h46m  LRGB


I'm still having optical issues with the field flattener/focal reducer on the ZenithStar, and so if you look at the stars in the corners you can see they are distorted. However, the comet image is OK since it is in the center of the field.

Details on the image can be found on my Astrobin page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Soldiers Delight Star Party

Hosted by    Westminster Astronomical Society If you are local to the Baltimore, MD area and have an interest in astronomy, why not stop by ...