Thursday, May 19, 2016

Ol' Sol in White Light

With all the cloudy nights I'm starting to get withdrawal symptoms from not going out with my telescope. But, today the clouds broke for a little bit and long enough for me to try out my solar filter on imaging the surface of the sun.
Sunspot - May 19, 2016 - 5:32PM EDT
EdgeHD11 at prime focus (2880mm)
ASI120MC Color Planetary Camera - 320 frames


Low clouds still hung around but I got a window of about 2 minutes to capture the image here. This is a large sunspot on the sun - imaged with my planetary camera. It is a stack of 320 video frames post processed in RegiStax.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Astrophotos from my Backlog

I just completed the post-processing of a couple of objects from my backlog - one from Feb 6, 2024 (open star cluster M35) and the other the...