Friday, May 6, 2016

May 9th Transit of Mercury: Everything You Need to Know


On Monday the littlest planet will cross the enormous Sun for viewers in most of the world. Find timetables for your location, a viewing guide, and safe solar observing tips.
Mercury in transit appears tiny, but unlike sunspots, it’s round and has no penumbra. It moves noticeably in 15 minutes, the average time between these exposures taken by Dominique Dierick during the transit of May 7, 2003.
Dominique Dierick


For complete and detailed information on observing this event see:  SkyAndTelescope.com

I will, of course, be photographing this event with my telescope.  Just have to pray the clouds go away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Astrophotos from my Backlog

I just completed the post-processing of a couple of objects from my backlog - one from Feb 6, 2024 (open star cluster M35) and the other the...