Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Venus - in the Daytime

Monday was such a great day (clear blue skies) and I was planning on spending the evening imaging some Deep Space Objects (DSOs), that I decided to set up early and catch Venus close to the sun.  So here is my image.
Venus -  September 7, 2015 12:30 PM
EdgeHD11 Prime Focus - ZWOASI120C Camera
Stack of 1000 Frames

It's always a problem capturing images during the day since the sun is beating down on the scope heating everything and causing air currents.  This image was processed from an AVI video of over 6000 frames (taken with FireCapture and my ZWOASI120C planetary camera).  The software (Registax) filtered out the best 1000 frames and then stacked them into a single 'best' image.  I then applied wavelet technology to sharpen the image.

Venus is currently the very bright planet in the morning sky. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dumbbell Nebula - M27

Getting around to completing the postprocessing of a number of astro objects in my backlog. Part of my backlog of image runs, this image con...