Saturday, September 26, 2015

The "Almost Full Moon"

Last month I was experimenting with imaging the moon through my 80mm guidescope.  The entire moon would not fit in the field of view, so I decided to capture it with two images and stitch the two together.  These images are actually combination (stacked) frames of a video. Each video was about 2 minutes long capturing 2400 frames of data. The best 200 frames were then stacked and the image processed with RegiStax to enhance the detail.

Unfortunately the second video was corrupt and I couldn't add it to the mix.  So here is the 'almost' full moon. Maybe next time (November) I'll try again, since the full moon this month (and the eclipse) looks like its gonna be clouded out.

August 28, 2015 - Full Moon - Prime Focus ST80
200 Frames of video Stacked in RegiStax

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dumbbell Nebula - M27

Getting around to completing the postprocessing of a number of astro objects in my backlog. Part of my backlog of image runs, this image con...