Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Lunar Eclipse

Wouldn't you know it. As soon as I told friends that the clouds would prevent us from seeing the eclipse on Sunday evening, the sky developed a bunch of holes enabling 'patient' viewers to catch glimpses during the event - especially the partial phases where the moon is still bright enough to make it through the thin clouds.

I didn't setup the telescope and imaging equipment for fear of rain showers setting in (didn't happen after all - oh well). But I got out my Canon 70D, tripod and remote shutter release and captured one fairly good frame of the total phase.


I have others of the partial phase which I'll post later.

Should have set up that telescope :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Dumbbell Nebula - M27

Getting around to completing the postprocessing of a number of astro objects in my backlog. Part of my backlog of image runs, this image con...