Saturday, July 3, 2021

My Attempt at the Pillars of Creation

Back in July and August of 2020 I imaged M16, the Eagle nebula, which contains, at it's center, what has become one of the Hubble telescopes famous images - the Pillars of Creation. I used my EdgeHD11 telescope to close in on the central portion of the nebula where the pillars reside.

The processing of the image took much effort, and every time I completed the final image I was not pleased with the results. 

Last week I tried a new technique for processing these images and together with some new software I was finally able to get a good result. So here is my version of the Pillars of Creation, in narrowband, Hubble palette.

M16 - Pillars of Creation - July/August 2020
EdgeHD-11 at f/11 with ASI1600mm pro
13 hours Ha, O3, S2 Narrowband w/RGB stars added

Complete details can be found at Astrobin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of Excessive Green in the Triangulum Galaxy

  Analysis of Excessive Green Color in Hα Regions of M33 An image of M33 (the Triangulum Galaxy), acquired on October 6–7, 2026, exhibited...