Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Comet 41P/T-G-K now easily visible in binoculars

Starting this week, and for the next 15-30 days or so, comet 41P should put on a good show.  In early April it may even reach naked-eye visibility (for those of us far away from any light pollution that is).  For the rest of us binoculars will do the trick.
Hisayoshi Kato

As an avid comet chaser I'm always ready to image new (and old) comets with my Edge11 and now with my new WO102. Of course, the latest snowstorm and subsequent cloudy and windy nights is making this a bit difficult. But there is still time, and as soon as the skies clear I'm out there.

Complete info on viewing 41P can be found at Sky and Telescope

1 comment:

The Dumbbell Nebula - M27

Getting around to completing the postprocessing of a number of astro objects in my backlog. Part of my backlog of image runs, this image con...