Saturday, February 7, 2015

First Light with Hyperstar-III

I've waited 2 full weeks for the weather to clear, the moon to disappear, and the wind to die down. And last night I was finally able to try out my new Hyperstar on the EdgeHD 1100. I picked M42, the Orion Nebula, for the first test and after taking 50 x 20sec subs with an LP filter here's my first result, processed in PI and PSP.

M42 - Orion Nebula
50x20sec ISO800 - EdgeHD 1100 w/Hyperstar
 



Then I targeted the Pleiades star cluster, M45. I’ve always wanted to see if I could get the subtle blue nebulosity to show and with the Hyperstar, success!

M45 - Pleiades
50x20sec ISO800 - EdgeHD 1100 w/Hyperstar
These are only the first test images of the new equipment. Once I get the calibration done and the proper flats applied (should eliminate the light smudgy areas around the image) I should be able to extract more detail and keep the backrgound dark.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Astrophotos from my Backlog

I just completed the post-processing of a couple of objects from my backlog - one from Feb 6, 2024 (open star cluster M35) and the other the...