Saturday, November 22, 2014

M81 - Bodes Galaxy

With the new Starizona CGEM Landing Pad installed on my mount, and the guiding issues mostly resolved I took advantage of the clear skies last evening and early this morning to image a number of deep space objects (DSOs). 
M81 - taken with EdgeHD-11
16x180sec ISO 800
This is a 48 minute exposure (16x180sec subs) of M81, or Bodes Galaxy; a spiral galaxy about 12 million light-years away in the constellation Ursa Major.

This is the initial set of subs. More image data will be added at a later date and a set of flats will be taken to help remove the vignette effect.

All in all the new equipment and adjustments to the some parameters in the guiding software have worked out well. In the next few days I will be processing images taken of M1 (Crab Nebula) and M110.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Astrophotos from my Backlog

I just completed the post-processing of a couple of objects from my backlog - one from Feb 6, 2024 (open star cluster M35) and the other the...