Tuesday, August 6, 2024

AP Mount back in action

Saturday, I reported a situation with my telescope mount controller. It appeared to be dead-in-the-water and I was set to return it to the manufacturer for a repair visit.

Late Saturday I got some correspondence from the wonderful folks at Astro-Physics. They had a conversation about my problem and one of the engineers recommended that I remove the cover of the control box and check to see if the main circuit board has loosened itself from its connection slot. They sent me detailed instructions and gave me the OK to try the fix. 

It turned out that the board was indeed loose, and so I reseated it and closed up the box. It solved my problem! I now have USB, Ethernet and WiFi communication working again. It's a good day when a simple, end user, no cost fix solves a big problem. Cudos to AP for thinking this one out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Photos of Comet A3

Skies cleared wonderfully this evening, so I set up my camera at my church property and snapped away!  Here are the first images to be proce...