Thursday, March 9, 2023

Experimenting with DuoBand filters

I was experimenting with the ZWO DuoBand filter that came with my ASI533mc using M42 as the subject.  This photo is a combination of images: DuoBand (180sec) + RGB (120sec) + RGB (30sec) Stars.  I processed the DuoBand subs separate from the RGB, producing two master images; one DuoBand the other RGB.  I extracted the R, G, and B from the DuoBand before applying the NBRGBCombination process in PixInsight.  I then used Bill Blanshan's technique for adding in the RGB stars (using the 30sec master). 


The core is a bit blown out, but the overall result is not all that bad. I'll need to try some other objects using this imaging combination and processing technique.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Supernova in NGC 7331

SN 2026aaiv is classified as a Type Ia supernova. It was discovered on September 1, 2026 in the spiral galaxy NGC 7331 in the constellation ...