Wednesday, December 30, 2020

New Equipment - Part 2

With a clear sky and full moon I decided to spend the majority of the early evening on Dec 29th to get the remaining software device drivers installed on the new NUC.  Needed to have the equipment connected to do that, so I had to set up the telescope. For some reason I decided I would replace the EdgeHD11 with the GT102 APO that night as well since I eventually want to image some winter nebulae. 

One lesson I should have learned by now is that you shouldn't try to do everything at the same time. I had completely forgotten that in order to mount the GT102 I needed to reset the mount point of the dovetail plate on the mount. By the time I got the mount reset, plate screwed down, and telescope balanced, I had spent about 2 hours of time. I did eventually load the software drivers and configured everything to run on the new NUC. It was time to run a short imaging run to test things out. But by the time I was set, the clouds moved in. Oh well, at least I'll be ready for the next clear night, hopefully soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Astrophotos from my Backlog

I just completed the post-processing of a couple of objects from my backlog - one from Feb 6, 2024 (open star cluster M35) and the other the...