Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Twin comets approach closely in March

Illustration by Eddie Irizarry using Stellarium; EarthSky
Some of you might already know that one of my favorite activities as an amateur astronomer is to image comets.  Well, just found out that not one, but two new comets are heading our way.  Unfortunately they will be very difficult (probably impossible) to see with the naked eye.  No matter, I'll be out as soon as I get a chance and conditions are right and capture these beauties.  Probably won't make for a fancy picture, but just the fact that I caught them in an image against a starfield is good enough for me.

Details can be found at EarthSky.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More Astrophotos from my Backlog

I just completed the post-processing of a couple of objects from my backlog - one from Feb 6, 2024 (open star cluster M35) and the other the...