Saturday, January 17, 2015

Comet Lovejoy

Here is the latest image I took of comet Lovejoy (C2014 Q2) on January 16, 2015.  Instead of at prime focus of my telescope, this image was taken with a Canon 50D and Tamron 18-270mm telephoto lens set at 200mm and f6.3.  Although the comet was high in the SSW sky, the light pollution and the fact that I wanted to be able to capture the faint tail conspired against me a bit.  I pushed the ISO value on the camera to 1600 which added significant noise to the image.  However, I processed it the best I could in PixInsight and PSP and managed to finally image the tail rather well.



Comet Lovejoy - January 16, 2015
Canon 50D 200mm f6.3 63x90sec at ISO 1600 (94.5 minutes)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Analysis of Excessive Green in the Triangulum Galaxy

  Analysis of Excessive Green Color in Hα Regions of M33 An image of M33 (the Triangulum Galaxy), acquired on October 6–7, 2026, exhibited...