Saturday, August 30, 2014

Comet Jacques - Part 2

While I'm still processing the closeup images of comet Jacques from August 26, I couldn't resist the clear skies we got in Maryland this past Thursday and Friday evenings. Although I'm still calibrating the new motor control unit on my telescope mount I was able to image Jacques as well as M103 (Star cluster) and M15 (Globular Cluster).

For the comet I decided to image sixty 30 second images and put them together into an animated gif so you can see the rate at which the comet is traversing the sky. I actually only imaged 41 photos since I was fighting off dew and other issues but the animation is still kinda cool.


Comet Jacques August 29, 1:25-1:47 AM
Celestron EdgeHD-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

The JUICE mission to fly by Earth

The European Space Agency's JUICE (Jupiter Icy Moons Explorer) spacecraft, launched in April 2023, is on its way to Jupiter, but it is t...