Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Update - M51

After the clouds rolled away late Saturday evening, and it was obvious that Sunday evening would be clear, I rushed home from church services to get the scope set up again and add some additional subs to the image of M51 (Whirlpool Galaxy) I captured last Sunday.

After a successful evening of imaging (got to bed way too late!) I was able to add another 19 subs (38 minutes). The detail in the inner dust lanes and the outer nebulosity is now starting to come out. The colors too are becoming more pronounced. This will be a continuing effort with plans to add at least another 2 hours of imaging before I'm done with this Deep Space Object (DSO).


http://astrob.in/93261/0/
M51, Whirlpool Galaxy
76 minutes ISO 800
Celestron EdgeHD-11 at prime focus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Supernova in NGC 7331

SN 2026aaiv is classified as a Type Ia supernova. It was discovered on September 1, 2026 in the spiral galaxy NGC 7331 in the constellation ...